Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First cook tonight - Steaks

NewbbqerNewbbqer Posts: 78
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Firing up the egg for the first time tonight to cook some CAB ribeye steaks. See how it goes!
·

Comments

• nice. some pics would be great. 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Good luck and welcome
  • NewbbqerNewbbqer Posts: 78
    Well, it was a lot of fun, but I over cooked the steaks. I guess I'm still in the gas grill mindset! I gotta overcome that. Earlier today I cooked burgers on my new Big John Grill I got for tailgating at ECU games. Over cooked them too, I guess you can say I'm consistent. The steaks were still edible and good because I tried the Dizzy Pig steak rub, Awesome! I took pics, but they won't attach.
    ·
  • Welcome and keep working on it. That's the fun!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    The first one is always special. I'll never forget Susie J. ........ Uhhhhh never mind. 

Let us know how it went. Pics are a must. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    The first one is always special. I'll never forget Susie J. ........ Uhhhhh never mind. 

Let us know how it went. Pics are a must. 
    Like the new pic there, dingus.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,522
    Nice.  Congrats on the maiden voyage! 

I've got three slabs of baby backs going on tomorrow.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·