Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Attempt at Pizza

calracefan
calracefan Posts: 606
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Here are the results from my second attempt at Pizza. No photos from first attempt last night (so it didn't happen) failure ! Tonite was much better !
Ova B.
Fulton MO

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    looks good how'd it taste 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • calracefan
    This one very good, the first one last night had an odd after taste. I think it may have been caused by my egg "burning clean from the high heat". Tonite after last nights attempt it was much cleaner so no odd taste. I also made 3 personal pizza's from store bought crust which also tuned out well .
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Looks good, congrats!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • So what temp and for how long?
  • calracefan
    This one was only about 475 F for about 7 to 8 minutes, spun it around once half way through. I hadn't read anything about burning the egg clean before pizza but it seems to have improved the pizza taste a bunch ! Crust is from the recipe shared on this forum a while back, Antimo OO flour, water , yeast and salt. Sat in the refrigerator for 2 days, very good,but a warning the dough is very sticky !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    looks great!  May have to do some pizza this weekend.....

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    This one was only about 475 F for about 7 to 8 minutes, spun it around once half way through. I hadn't read anything about burning the egg clean before pizza but it seems to have improved the pizza taste a bunch ! Crust is from the recipe shared on this forum a while back, Antimo OO flour, water , yeast and salt. Sat in the refrigerator for 2 days, very good,but a warning the dough is very sticky !
    If you're using caputo you can knock the hydration down as far as 56%. That would really help to alleviate some of the stickiness. 
    XL BGE
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    edited August 2012
    chuff said:

If you're using caputo you can knock the hydration down as far as 56%. That would really help to alleviate some of the stickiness. 
    Wet dough will not stick to wet fingers. This is good to know when removing the dough from the original mixing container. I like to keep a bowl of water nearby when manipulating the dough.

Sprinkling the dough and work surface with flour will prevent stickiness when shaping it.

Wet dough will not stick to wet fingers. This is good to know when removing the dough from the original mixing container. I like to keep a bowl of water nearby when manipulating the dough. Sprinkling the dough and work surface with flour will prevent stickiness when shaping it.
    This is very true, and I definitely prefer wet hands to oiled hands. 
    XL BGE