Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the Cob

Options
Jackbythesea
Jackbythesea Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Friday Everyone!
I would like to cook some corn on the cob this weekend. Can it be done on the BGE? And does anyone have a good recipe?[p]You guys are the best!
Jack

Comments

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' jackbythesea,
    I usually do mine in full husk, indirect for about an 1 1/2
    or 2 hours at about 350 degrees.
    bruce

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    My favorite! Leave the corn in the husk and cut off the stem an inch or less below where the ear formed. Peel away any loose husks. If the corn is not straight-from-the-field fresh, immerse it in plain water for 20 minutes. Allow most of the water to drip out, wrap in foil and grill indirect for thirty to forty minutes (at 350 degrees). Open the foil and peel back the husk - the silks will come right along with the husk.[p]Fresh Egged ears, plenty of butter, salt and pepper - that's pretty darn close to Heaven![p]Ken

• Unknown
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]It sure can, and it'll be the best corn on the cob you've ever had.[p]I shuck mine down MOST of the way (leaving one or two layers of leaves on, but they're 'loose'. Take out as much of the silk as is reasonably possible.[p]I soak mine in cold water for a couple hours, sometimes with a little sugar in it. (Put some salt in for osmotic properties, but don't use much).[p]Heat up your egg, throw the corn on, turn it every ten minutes, and 20-30 mins later VOILA! You'll have some charred bits on the corn itself (which adds to the flavor), and the husk just falls away when you want to take it off.[p]My wife, who proponed that 'frozen corn on the cob is just as good' realized that she was not only wrong, but had no clue what 'good food' was 'till she started eating "my" food (I had my cooker before I met her). Without exception, anything I have attempted on my cooker has far outstripped any expectations of flavor that were expected.[p]-Michael in League City

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    i just put it on, no cleaning, no soaking, just leave it in the shuck. i used to pull back the shuck and clean out the hairs, and soak it in water, but find that it works better if i leave it alone. roast it til the green staerts to char, rotating them and its done when you can really smell the corn

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]OI like to shuch mine and roast it till some of the kernals start to turn almost black. just rotate it every few minutes over a moderate fire.

• Unknown
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]I like peel the husk down and clean the corn, add some salt and pepper then pull the husk back up and throw it on the egg direct. I then make a mixture of lime juice, jalapeno, red pepper, cilantro and goat cheese and top then when they come off. Very easy and tasty.[p]Bullet

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    There's a lot of good ideas submitted in this thread; Sometimes I buy fresh corn in the husk; shuck it; cover with butter; put Dizzy Pig on it; take a piece of bacon and spiral it on the corn; wrap in tinfoil and put on the BGE for approximately thirty minutesd or less.
    Great taste!
    Hammer

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi Hammer,
    Sounds like one I need to try. Would that be direct for 30 minutes?
    Thanks,
    bruce

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    jackbythesea, use fresh corn, peel back the leaves & remove the silk, then fold back the leaved. Place on the grill til done.
    Reason the leaves are left on: the flavor of the corn is intensified (even if done 6min in a microwave)

• Unknown
    Options
    Michael Dow,
    direct indirect what temp?

• Jackbythesea
    Jackbythesea Posts: 102
    Options

Bullet,
    I went to a Cuban Resturant last night and they served Corn on the cob that was grilled and had some kind of spice and soft cheese on it and they served it with lime on the side. It was outrageous! Is your recipe for corn Cuban? Let me know please. I would like to duplicate what I had.
    Thanks!
    Jack

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    badbruce,
    I've done them both way's; however the bacon seems to get crisper direct, and the color is good.
    Hammer

• Tuck
    Tuck Posts: 7
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]I like the simple approach. I soak the ears for an hour or two in sugar water and then cook at 325-350 for about and hour. I then shuck and cover in melted butter.[p]Tuck