Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ party help (My birthday)

FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I need a litte help planing a BBQ party.
I have a BGE L and a Weber Q300 (gas).

I need to cook 2 x butt + 1 x brisket flat, chicken and ribs???

We are going to eat at 7pm on saturday (25/8).

The plan:
2 x butt on friday the 24/8 at 1pm - allow for 20 hours to cook, done around 12am.
Brisket flat on Saturday at around 1pm - alow for 5 hours cook, done around 6pm (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142632)
Then i am counting on 2 spatchcooked chickens the last hour.

I am cooking brisket at 275f (grate), this is to hot for ribs???

On the weber i am planing: ABTs (a good guide?), BBQ Beans, Burger patios.
Oven: Burger buns, sweet potatoes.
Fryer: Pommes!

Accessories:
Coleslaw
Mixed salad
Corn? (on the weber)
BBQ Sauces

Beer
Soda
Whiskey
Red Wine

What do you think? Something i need to adjust?

Frank
Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
·

Comments

• I am not an expert! But I see the eating time, just no directions!

275 for ribs would be fine, I like to spray mine with apple juice and apple cider vinegar (50/50).

I would guess your butts will be done sooner than 20 hours- all depends on temp.

Good luck and Happy Birthday!

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,478
    Happy B'day-Overall plan looks like it will work just fine however, not knowing the size of your brisket flat, I would start that earlier in the day.  You can hold it for a few hours and better to be finished early than late.  Also you may want to recheck your math for the butts, 1 PM start and 20 hours will mean finished around 9 AM Sat.  Check out "turbo butt" as you can save quite a bit of time with that process.  FWIW-
    Louisville
    ·
  • Wahoo, that looks like my B-day bash coming up on Saturday(although b-day is tomorrow)
    ·