Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Felt mishap

BigCBigC Posts: 36
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
After a long, fun cook last night, I went out this morning to check my egg...The dome lid was down and very hard to raise.  Once I firmly lifted up on it, the felt on the gasket (on dome lid and base) slightly lifted up.  I accidentally got some sauce on it last night and when I closed it after my cook, the top and bottom stuck together.  What adhesive is OK to secure it back down?  Only about an inch wide on the top dome lid and inch wide on base have come up.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2012
    mothership recommends 3m super 77 i believe also i've read Elmer's glue not sure about that one thought seems odd read someone used gorilla glue as well or permatex high temp gasket sealer there's many options i'd google it as well maybe big green egg gasket adheisve try
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.