Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's the chew?

jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I cooked the finest baby backs I've ever received from my butcher last night. They were about 3 inches thick on the heavier side. I cooked them at 230-240 grate and pulled them (after 5 hours!) when they passed the bend test. The only problem -- I like them just a little chewy, and these definitely fell off the bone. Anyone else like them a little chewy? When do you pull? 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    If they "greatly passed the bend test" and that's subjective, then you will get fall off the bone-I prefer the toothpick test (resistance in and out of the thickest meat) as I can feel the relative doneness (a word?) and determine when to declare victory.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.