Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fresh kielbasa

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
smoking about 3 pounds of this wondering should i go to 160 or 180 internal temp 
Thanks 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    somehow i doubled posted this sorry about that 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,500
    I pull kielbasi at 152 internal then into an ice bath. 

@Tjcoley Thanks  :D
  • ShortRIbShortRIb Posts: 88
    Don't do ice bath unless you want it cold?  Which would be odd.  Ice bath just prevents the skins from turning to a wrinkled hotdog. This is handy if you are doing a summer sausage.  However, kielbasa is served hot off the grill/oven/griddle.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,500
    @Shortrib - agreed if you are eating it all now.  I make enough to freeze for future eating.  Always hold back one ring which gets eaten immediately.