Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st butt - 15 lbs rubbed with Bad Byron's butt rub and salt free dizzy dust (pics included)

2»

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,654
    I think the meat probe may actually be close to a bone.  I did a few readings using a thermapen and the average temperature may actually be closer to 185.

I think I will skip the foil...

I have 2 more hours to go before leaving.  The temp is climbing steadily every 10 minutes or so.  That should bring me in the 195-205 range before leaving.

Always remember-if you have your choice between lucky and good, take lucky every time.  Good to hear-sounds like this will end up as a win-win all the way around.  Let us know how it turns out once you cross the finish-line and enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    Always remember-if you have your choice between lucky and good, take lucky every time.  Good to hear-sounds like this will end up as a win-win all the way around.  Let us know how it turns out once you cross the finish-line and enjoy!
    LOL, I have to say that I am still a bit nervous.  I'll go make some vinegar sauce now.

You are into the area where it either pulls or slices-and it will taste great.  Temperature will dictate which way it goes-just check throughout and once in the mid 190's you are good.  Also, if the bone pulls clean that's another eggcellent indicator of finished. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • hrchdog
    hrchdog Posts: 40
    If you're at 185 with two hours left you should make it to the mid 190's at least and it will still cook a little when FTC
    Herrin,IL.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks great!
    196 falling off the bone!

Made a sugar/chipotle vinegar sauce.  Will report back after diner!

Thanks guys!

=D>
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • paqman
    Cook started at 9h30pm yesterday and ended at 4h15pm today for a total of 18 hours and 45 minutes on the egg.  This was the greatest pulled pork I ever had!

I'll post the maple sugar/chipotle vinegar sauce recipe tomorrow; it was fantastic!

A few pics of the finished product:

imageimageimage

Looks great. Congrats on a good cook.
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Congrats looks fantastic and the sauce sounds good 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • paqman
    Looks great. Congrats on a good cook.
    Thanks,  I appreciate your support.  You and @lousubcap are deserving a special mention but I also want to thank all the others who gave me advices.  This was a real success, all the family was impressed.

Great news-I was cautiously optimistic but you never know.  Congrats on hanging in there and getting the end-result.  Enjoy-and always remember-it's the journey!!  Way to go!!!!!!