Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saf High Power Premium yeast

krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 577
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have some yeast that is nearing exp date. Any ideas for usage, not incl pizza dough?

Also any experience with saf premium high power yeast? Did you like the results? What was your application? I just got some when I ordered my tippo for pizza dough endeavors.
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 855
    I use the red label Saf type of yeast, keep it in a jar in the fridge, it is way past it's best before date but works just fine. 

Gerhard
  • this typeis used straight up-no disslove in water
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • chuffchuff Posts: 255
    I use Saf exclusively. I keep it in a jar in the freezer and it will last nearly forever.
    XL BGE
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 855
    I think all the Saf are the instant type yeast, just stir into the flour and you are ready to go>

Gerhard