Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for sides or appetizers....

Seapointbakers
Seapointbakers Posts: 64
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Doing spatchcock chicken this weekend and open for suggestions for appetizers or sides that can be done on the egg.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Stuffed shrooms. Cream cheese, bacon, and green onion. Rub of choice on top.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

Sweet potatoes, asparagus, bok choy, somebody tell how to do pineapple.........

Is this a large cook, for a lot of people?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Put a pan of new potatoes or fingerlings under the chicken so they cook in the drippings.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2012
    I like  doing chicken over a pan of veggies.  

I use things like red taters, baby bella mushies, zuchini, etc...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Just a few people, a bird or two. I have a pineapple already for dessert. Did one of those with my brisket a week ago and topped with vanilla ice cream.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Put a pan of new potatoes or fingerlings under the chicken so they cook in the drippings.
    I like that as well.  If you don't mind the extra calories, sprinkling with a diced tomatoe and shredded cheese mix results in a tasty crust.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys