Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yellow fin tuna

HdryderHdryder Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Cookbook
Any suggestions?
·

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,983
    Seared and search out centex seasame thread.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    In order of my preference:

Raw

Seared with soy and toasted sesame seeds

Smoked and made into a tuna salad. Very very very small amount of mayo and a dash of pickle relish. 

Smoked and made into a dip.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Wreckt01Wreckt01 Posts: 28
    i like to make a marinade/glaze with fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce and honey and sesame oil. toss in frig for 30 while egg comes to temp at 550 and sear for about 60-90 sec per side depending on thickness.  use brush to add some of the glaze while searing if desired. 
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,383
    In order of my preference:

Raw

With a little soy sauce and washabi.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193

I'm a day late but next time ck out ( The sporting Chef ) Spicy Marinated Yellowtail. I love it on Yellow fin tuna also 

·