Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

$1175 for XL BGE + normal fixin's?

cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 173
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Decent price or easy pass? Has the nest, etc., plate setter, pizza stone if that matters much. Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

• cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 173
    Forgot to mention it's lightly used for a couple of years.
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    Consider what I got..

New XL
    Shelves
    Nest
    Plate Setter
    Ash Tool
    Grate Tool
    Fire Starters
    2 Bags Lump

For $1299
  • Pass
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Yeah..pass. To close to new or at least demo packages from dealers with warranty.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Consider what I got.. New XL Shelves Nest Plate Setter Ash Tool Grate Tool Fire Starters 2 Bags Lump For $1299
    That is a great price.  
    Ok, if I wanted to make an offer to counter his asking price, what would be considered a great deal by you guys?
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    edited August 2012

You have to consider you will not have the lifetime warranty since you will be the second owner. 

Check out this web site and calculate what you are getting.   If two years old seems to be work around $950

http://www.bubbatim.com/Green_Book.php

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    Might offer the guy $800 and just see if he bites.

Thanks!
  • RubmyrockRubmyrock Posts: 266
    Pass. You can get that deal new if you shop around.