Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked skhetti sauce

BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I got some zucchini, tomato, bell pepper, onion, and garlic smoking along side some homemade (medium) hot garlic sausage. Once the veggies soften a bit I plan on pulling the platesetter out to finish the links direct.
IMG_0489.JPG 360.8K
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,055
    Ya know, that's a great idea.  I need to start grilling my ingredients before incorporating them into non-grillable dishes.

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Great idea, but it wasn't mine. I used pecan, and I'm hoping the family enjoys it.
    ·
    The aroma from the sauce is wonderful in the kitchen, just waitin for it to thicken.
    imageimage
    IMG_0495.JPG 488.1K
    IMG_0496.JPG 544.1K
    ·
    Sauce tasted good, but the sausage imo didn't benefit from the pecan much. I recently smoked (from the same batch of sausage) with JD oak and it was alot better. I would have preferred apple but I'm all out. 
    IMG_0499.JPG 475.1K
    ·