Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best thread ever

Options

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Went to Myers and pineapple juce (not from concentrate only). Like better than the coke.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Congratulations! You did it! (The best thread ever)

@stike you forgot

"How do I load Pics from my I phone?"
    If I didn't take pics, how do I know if it really happened?
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    I don't like using my chimney starter. It is more trouble than just starting the fire in the Egg's firebox.

Tim
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I usually put a few lumps in the microwave, then squirt some charcoal starter in the side vent.
    Options

I usually put a few lumps in the microwave, then squirt some charcoal starter in the side vent.
    Very clever! How is that working for you?  :))
  • Browninggold
    Options
    So when everyone lights the "oil soaked paper towel" do you use wooden matches, regular match or lighter?
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options

=))
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Gonna get thrown off my train for laughing in the quiet car.
    Thanks all, but i think you missed "feet/no feet"
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    So when everyone lights the "oil soaked paper towel" do you use wooden matches, regular match or lighter?

I use the heat gun and only EVOO with VIVA paper towels
  • Lit
    Options
    Gonna get thrown off my train for laughing in the quiet car. Thanks all, but i think you missed "feet/no feet"

No feet!!!image

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    =))

And even, "Should I have a flame-retardant deck for my egg's space"?  given the above picture.... YES!

[Insert clever signature line here]
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Gonna get thrown off my train for laughing in the quiet car. Thanks all, but i think you missed "feet/no feet"

No feet!!!image

I didn't notice. (you table is a distraction) btw, I have never seen a table quite like that.
  • Lit
    Options
    You can see the leg of my plate setter in front of my small, what can I use to fix my broken plate setter?
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options

No feet!!!image

That's a really cool table - I've seen that "torched wood" technique used before, usually to highlight the grain of the wood - never seen it used quite like you have though - very unique!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

This is not the best thread in the world. It's just a tribute.

I totally get this
    I figured somebody would.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lit
    Options

No feet!!!image

That's a really cool table - I've seen that "torched wood" technique used before, usually to highlight the grain of the wood - never seen it used quite like you have though - very unique!!
    I kept reading people say if they could change anything about their table it would have front access to remove the egg.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    I kept reading people say if they could change anything about their table it would have front access to remove the egg.
    Well I'd say you've succeeded on that front =))
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    @lit: was that in the design or implemented after?

=))
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The Smoke Ring stops forming at 140, but the smoke will flavor the meat throughout the cook...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options

I totally get this

the thread we read on that fateful night it didn't actually look anything like this thread. This is just a tribute! You gotta believe it!
    Boom
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    Tervis Tumblers are the best.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    I like to use a nice starter cube to get that towel roaring with flame...
    But how do you light the starter cube?  My favorite way is to use a torch to light the starter cube, cuz it gets it going REAL good so that the cube can catch the paper towel on fire!!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We are overlooking the most egregious of them all........swing rack.

Enough already.
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Is there an index or specific search engine for Stike's list, too damn hard to find what I was looking for......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

I totally get this

I totally get this

late to the party but i did and LOL'd a lil
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    We are overlooking the most egregious of them all........swing rack. Enough already.

=))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We are overlooking the most egregious of them all........swing rack. Enough already.

=))
    I was hoping you would think it was funny. Just bustin on you a little. i was laughing when I wrote it

• ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    I must agree.

Tim
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I like to marinade stuff in marinate

Steve