Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

pizza - almost there.

tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok. Tonight used some pulled pork to make pulled pork pizza. I bought store dough from the dairy case, stretched by hand (biggest disagreement the wife and I have over making pizza). Applied a very thin layer of OO to prevent dough from absorbing Bone Suckin Sauce (will skip this next time). Used cornmeal on peel, put on dough, added BBQ sauce, shook, applied layer of pork, shook, and then a layer Mexican 4 cheese, shook.

I let the egg heat up, and it did get past the 500 i was shooting for, but it did settle in at 600.

Put a small bit of cornmeal on stone, cooked 5 minutes turned, then another 3 to 4 minutes.

Not bad. The thick part of the crust was a little under done, but beat effort out of 3 so far.
Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    looks good we have tried the frozen bread dough get 3 pizzas out of a loaf high in the dome at 450/500 gives a pretty good pie 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.