Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New stone table in progress, with a pic

BeeferBeefer Posts: 5
edited August 2012 in EGG Table Forum

I can't claim credit for doing the work.  The stone mason doing the work on the house (new build) is doing the table, and the fireplace beside it.  I'm just hoping I didn't mess up the design.  The stone is going to continue up along the fireplace, which will leave me about 5" between the stone of the fireplace and the egg's hole.  Based on my current set up this should be just enough room for the lid to open at the angle I like.  If it's too tight i'll just centre the handle more.  Going to put a couple of wood drawers in the top right quadrant I think.  Might store firewood in the bottom, I've got a space over on the right that is covered where I can keep my egg stuff, including lump.  I'm going to sit the egg on some 1" pieces of firebrick which will be glued with heat resistant glue to the stone.  Doing this to hopefully avoid any heat transfer issues, although that's probably overkill but can't hurt. 

Hole is 21", so my large should fit without touching.  Took the mason a few hours just to do the hole.  No one at the quarry would touch it, they figured they would break the piece.  Once the fireplace is done I'll bring my egg over and cook some stuff up for the guys for Friday happy hours.  None of the guys working on the house understand what's going in the whole, they are mostly Polish or Slovak and haven't been indoctrinated to the Egg yet.

egg table.JPG
2560 x 1920 - 561K
egg table.JPG
2560 x 1920 - 561K

Comments