Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Overnight Porkin'

JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 337
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anyone else up eggin'?

Sent the wife out to Central Market for a 5 to 8 point pork butt.. And here's what she brings home

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

"They add up to 8 pounds"

Gotta love her.

Anyway, smoking these overnight at 275 grid. Got the DigiQ WiFi to take care of all the work, while I sleep tight.

275 grid, mustard, dizzy dust, amd apple / cherry wood - that's it. Egg does the rest.

Comments

• JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 337
    I'll also mention.. Weeks of perusing this forum has had me wanting to try some Wooford Reserve. Now, I've never been a Burbon man, but I had the wifey make me up and Old Fashioned - I'm hooked.

This forum will not only make me broke.. It will make me fat, and a drunkard also :)

Cheers!
  • How's the butts? You must be on the west coast. It's dark here or either your back posting

XLBGE 
  • Wow, look at that green yard! So jealous!
    How's the butts? You must be on the west coast. It's dark here or either your back posting
    I'm in Dallas. I was back posing the relaxing picture, that was from earlier today while waiting on my steaks to rest, and bring the egg temp back down for roast. 
    Wow, look at that green yard! So jealous!
    Lizzie thanks! It's sad but my back yard actually looks better than my front yard. Go figure :)
  • How'd the butts do man?

XLBGE 

How'd the butts do man?

Came out perfect!

I was hungry and pulled one and shredded it right away, and the other I FTC'd for a few hours before serving.

Call me crazy, but the FTC one actually came out better than the one I shredded right away. It just had better texture if that makes sense. I doused them with a carolina finishing sauce and a little Bone Suckin Sauce on the side. Perfect

• Yum!
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    We had left over pulled pork tonight for supper, gotta love the stuff.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851

We had left over pulled pork tonight for supper, gotta love the stuff.

+1 lots of good leftovers. The plan is for doing pulled pork pizza tonight.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Looks great!  I have a butt to do this weekend myself.  I hope it looks as good as yours

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"