Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another round of H&F Ribs // Third Cook

TonyA
TonyA Posts: 583
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I let the egg bounce around between 285 and 300 degrees at the grate with two chunks of apple and two chunks of cherry wood.  That is bumped up from my last rib cook at about 275 and just apple wood.  They were done in 3.5 hours and spent 20 minutes resting in foil before i cut them.  Forgive me for the butchered cuts in the middle of the front rack.  I find that the H&F ribs have a 'roasted' quality for lack of a better word that I really enjoy.  These were moist, had a decent smoke ring and pulled in clean bites from the bone. Well rounded flavor profile from meat to spice to smoke.

I put on some chicken pieces as well which came out 'fine'.  Nothing I've done on any device has been able to best my rotisserie chicken on the gas grill however - believe that or not.

Comments