Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

pizza using adjustable rig help

krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 583
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Trying my 3rd pizza. Last one raised on green feet left me wanting the top of my pie a little more done, while the crust was perfect. I have the adjustable rig and thought I'd give that a try. What would the set up be? I tried platesetter legs up, SS rack then AR with stone on top but dome not close. Do I go direct in order to drop the set up down a bit so lid will close?
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• I was planning to use my 13 inch round stone, not the rectangular one with AR
    Rome, GA
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I go stone on top of three feet on top of another stone...all on grid atop AR
  • Mighty, is that without platesetter?
    Rome, GA
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Yep. I don't have one. The bottom stone is the indirect piece.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    edited August 2012
    i do legs up grid on then i have 3 stainless slugs 3 inches tall to raise my stone higher in the dome gets a nice brown to the crust 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.