Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 weeks with the XL egg

Seapointbakers
Seapointbakers Posts: 64
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Took the plunge two weeks ago today. So far I have cooked hot italian suasages with peppers & onions, burgers and NY strips. The sausages have snap, the burgers and steak were very juicy.  Food just seems to taste better. Last weekend I tackled a brisket flat. I have never attempted a brisket and got roped into cooking my first attempt for a group of 5. The wife brings the brisket home on a Weds night and says here you go. I was stressed until 5:30 Saturday when i started slicing. It came off at 4 and sat in the cooler foiled and toweled for an hour and a half. It was the the best brisket I had ever eaten, great crust, smoke ring and very juicy. Everyone refused to put it on bread, claimed you would ruin the meat with the bread. The wife raved over it. I give a the credit to the egg and this forum. Lurked around here looking on suggstions how to cook it.

The wife couldn't be out done. Friday she worked from home and decided if I can cook on the egg then so can she. She prepped 3 racks of baby backs, did her research and had them ready for me when I walked in the door. All I can say is she is still gloating. The only time she has even attempted to cook on any grill we have owned in the last 23 years and WOW she hit a home run. I have to give her props, best ribs I have ever eaten. And a few of the neighbors are loving us right now, as they have benefited from the egg as well. They got some of the brisket and ribs. The keep telling us they love our meat.

Looking forward to the chance to cook lots more and the valuable info on this forum. We are hooked. I guess this makes us egg heads.

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Sounds like you both are really enjoying your Egg! That's great that your wife cooked those ribs. My wife has never even fired up our Eggs on her own.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    The XL is one of the wonders of the world. Enjoy.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • great intro. Glad to have you on board and looks lik eyou are both off to a great start. Glad the forum has been helpful. It's been really funny the last few weeks too which is always nice.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Welcome,  You get one free pass.   Next time no pics the cooks did not happen.
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE