Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 weeks with the XL egg

SeapointbakersSeapointbakers Posts: 52
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Took the plunge two weeks ago today. So far I have cooked hot italian suasages with peppers & onions, burgers and NY strips. The sausages have snap, the burgers and steak were very juicy.  Food just seems to taste better. Last weekend I tackled a brisket flat. I have never attempted a brisket and got roped into cooking my first attempt for a group of 5. The wife brings the brisket home on a Weds night and says here you go. I was stressed until 5:30 Saturday when i started slicing. It came off at 4 and sat in the cooler foiled and toweled for an hour and a half. It was the the best brisket I had ever eaten, great crust, smoke ring and very juicy. Everyone refused to put it on bread, claimed you would ruin the meat with the bread. The wife raved over it. I give a the credit to the egg and this forum. Lurked around here looking on suggstions how to cook it.

The wife couldn't be out done. Friday she worked from home and decided if I can cook on the egg then so can she. She prepped 3 racks of baby backs, did her research and had them ready for me when I walked in the door. All I can say is she is still gloating. The only time she has even attempted to cook on any grill we have owned in the last 23 years and WOW she hit a home run. I have to give her props, best ribs I have ever eaten. And a few of the neighbors are loving us right now, as they have benefited from the egg as well. They got some of the brisket and ribs. The keep telling us they love our meat.

Looking forward to the chance to cook lots more and the valuable info on this forum. We are hooked. I guess this makes us egg heads.

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,656
    Sounds like you both are really enjoying your Egg! That's great that your wife cooked those ribs. My wife has never even fired up our Eggs on her own.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    The XL is one of the wonders of the world. Enjoy.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
  • great intro. Glad to have you on board and looks lik eyou are both off to a great start. Glad the forum has been helpful. It's been really funny the last few weeks too which is always nice.
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Welcome,  You get one free pass.   Next time no pics the cooks did not happen.
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE