Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Seafood Market Advice

Jonathan1970Jonathan1970 Posts: 72
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm vacationing in Santa Rosa Beach, just outside Destin, FL. Normally we go to Gulf Shores and I buy fresh seafood at Billy's. I'm not sure where to go around here, so I'm calling on my fellow egg heads for advice?

Comments

• GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 395
    We were at Rosemary Beach a few weeks ago which is right down the 30a from you.  I don't remember seeing one.  I know that one of the restaurants in Seaside said that they get everything from Gulf Shores.

I did a quick google search and found this.  Hope this helps.

Shrimpers Seafood Market. 4444 Hwy 98 West Santa Rosa BeachFL 32459 ph: (850) 267-1159 fax: (850) 622-1320 lesliewisen@shirmpersseafood.com ...
    Large BGE

Decatur, AL
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,198
    I'm from Santa rosa county. I was born in gulf breeze. I worked in a seafood market during college in Tallahassee.

I highly recommend going to Pensacola and visiting joe pattis seafood market. It's the best in the state. Check out their website.

For restaurants, Mcguriers in destin is a must and the grand marlin on Pensacola beach.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,179
    There is no more seafood. It's all farm raised now and available at Costco! Not quite, but close!
  • Joe Pattis is great, but a little far for beer drinker's over 40. I love going there when I'm staying in Perdio Key or Orange Beach. I'm on the East side of Destin this time and can't make that trip. If your ever in Bon Secours / Gulf Shores go to Billy's for your fresh seafood. Trust me its fresh off the boat. I did manage to find a nice place right down the road called Goatfeathers. The shrimp appeared fresh and peeled good after cooking. The family loved the shrimp, corn, potatos, and Beergarita's. Great night at the beach!
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Im from there as well. Try Sextons in Destin. It's solid.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown.

Birmingham, AL