Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great BBQ Video

Options
AleBrewer
AleBrewer Posts: 555
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Don't know if you all have seen this or not.....but I saw this on another BBQ forum and thought I'd pass it along. It's a bit long, but I think it's worth the time.

Comments

• gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    Ale.....you're right. A great video!

George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice Ale! Cool video. I saw this place on 60 minutes or one of those news shows not too long ago. This had a little more insight though. Very cool.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Agreed, great video.

This and Cen-Tex's other thread got me thinking.  Why don't we have a "Travel" forum to post bbq places to visit.  Could be restaurants, stores, etc.  Just a thought.

My apologies if I missed it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Agreed, great video.

This and Cen-Tex's other thread got me thinking.  Why don't we have a "Travel" forum to post bbq places to visit.  Could be restaurants, stores, etc.  Just a thought.

good idea. That would be a blast

• 10Driver
    10Driver Posts: 88
    Options
    Agreed, great video.

Great idea. As someone who travels for a living I'm always on the DDD or No Reservations or Man vs Food websites looking for the local joints. I've always wanted a bbq centric website. The closest I have is a Texas Monthly app on my iphone that has some good reviews.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sounds like something that could take off.

I'm getting ready to take the family to Myrtle Beach on Sunday and would love to know a good place to take the fam for dinner.  As well as a place to possibly pick up some rubs I can't get locally.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options

I want some...NOW!!!

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options

Great video!  Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if you've seen this but here's another video on another small BBQ joint winning a James Beard Award this year in the "America's Classics" category: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7407878n&tag=mncol%3Blst%3B1

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Super. Ought to be on Imax. :) You can feel his passion. Anyone here eat there?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Well done video, but I think my cholesterol count just went up.

Gerhard
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Great video!  Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if you've seen this but here's another video on another small BBQ joint winning a James Beard Award this year in the "America's Classics" category: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7407878n&tag=mncol%3Blst%3B1

That's the one I saw. Thought it was the other place but you nailed it. Pretty cool story