Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Great BBQ Video

AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Don't know if you all have seen this or not.....but I saw this on another BBQ forum and thought I'd pass it along. It's a bit long, but I think it's worth the time.

·

Comments

• gpsegggpsegg Posts: 301
    Ale.....you're right. A great video!

George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • Nice Ale! Cool video. I saw this place on 60 minutes or one of those news shows not too long ago. This had a little more insight though. Very cool.

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,094
    Agreed, great video.

This and Cen-Tex's other thread got me thinking.  Why don't we have a "Travel" forum to post bbq places to visit.  Could be restaurants, stores, etc.  Just a thought.

My apologies if I missed it.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Agreed, great video.

This and Cen-Tex's other thread got me thinking.  Why don't we have a "Travel" forum to post bbq places to visit.  Could be restaurants, stores, etc.  Just a thought.

good idea. That would be a blast

·
  • 10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
    Agreed, great video.

Great idea. As someone who travels for a living I'm always on the DDD or No Reservations or Man vs Food websites looking for the local joints. I've always wanted a bbq centric website. The closest I have is a Texas Monthly app on my iphone that has some good reviews.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,094
    Sounds like something that could take off.

I'm getting ready to take the family to Myrtle Beach on Sunday and would love to know a good place to take the fam for dinner.  As well as a place to possibly pick up some rubs I can't get locally.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 188

I want some...NOW!!!

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652

Great video!  Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if you've seen this but here's another video on another small BBQ joint winning a James Beard Award this year in the "America's Classics" category: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7407878n&tag=mncol%3Blst%3B1

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    Super. Ought to be on Imax. :) You can feel his passion. Anyone here eat there?

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 811
    Well done video, but I think my cholesterol count just went up.

Gerhard
    ·
  • Great video!  Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if you've seen this but here's another video on another small BBQ joint winning a James Beard Award this year in the "America's Classics" category: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7407878n&tag=mncol%3Blst%3B1

That's the one I saw. Thought it was the other place but you nailed it. Pretty cool story

·