Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calzone's

Options
bud812
bud812 Posts: 1,869
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to try calzone's for my Friday night pizza cook & was wondering do you folks flip them over half way through or will they brown up nice without flipping ? I am happy with my pizza's & want to try calzones. Thanks in advance all you Eggsperts. I bought a weed burner yesterday in hopes of gettin a better fire. (been having trouble getting it going lately)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    They should brown up enough without flipping. Come to think of it, been in enough pizza joints in my day. they have never been flipped.
    Just leave yourself have enough time to get the egg and stone up to temp. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Please give us an after action report.  I tried them once, and it was just too much crust to filling ratio.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• the_alchemist83
    Options
    My "pizzas" turned into calzones after we had trouble getting the pizza off the peel despite heavy flouring.  I cooked them at approx. 600 F, with no flipping for 10-12 minutes and they were just fine.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Thanks all. Will find out tommorow. Taz, I allways heat my stone at least 45 min to get nice and hot.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.