Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turkey advice?

cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 135
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Considering doing a turkey on my BGE this holiday season.  I've never done one so I wanted to at least do a trial run at some point between now and then.  I'll take any advice out there.  A few questions that come to mind:

1.  What is a realistic size for a turkey on a large?  (I'm not looking to get it to the very limits, but some general idea of what it will hold.)
2.  What is your favorite set up?  I have the AR with spider and stone and of course, the original plate setter.
3.  Temps for both the egg and turkey and reasonable times to shoot for?
4.  Any other pointers that you might want to throw in.

FWIW, I'll probably shoot for a lighter smoked flavor.  The egg alone delivers such a good product and my family doesn't like overly smoked poultry.

Thanks!

Comments