Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

okay, the bug has bit me...

krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was informed that I WOULD be buying more eggs when I bought my LBGE. Now I see all of ya'll talking lately about getting another etc...I have 80% decided I will take a portion of my bonus check and get another egg-mini or small...still deciding. It's just me and hubby. Soooooo I wanna know a few things to help me decide. Does anyone EVER regret it? Can you do a long low/slow without reloading lump often? How long will they burn on a full, new lump fire? How often do ya'll use both eggs simultaneously? Should I really do this?
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA
·

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,434
    How long have you had your Large, and how many times have you needed/desired another Egg to compliment it?
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    I cook on one XL every night of the week unless on vacation or I'm forced to go to someone's house for a party.  I use my second XL at least 3 times each week for cooks that are at different temps.  You can't go wrong with a second egg.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • had LBGE 4 months...REALLY wanted a second last weekend when I needed 2 diff temps, and ultimately 2 diff cooking times for the meats. A couple of weeks ago, I wanted sides while slow cooking a meat. The Dacor oven is great and all, but I love cooking outside, less house heat, great outdoors and just  like the eggsperience overall
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,434
    had LBGE 4 months...REALLY wanted a second last weekend when I needed 2 diff temps, and ultimately 2 diff cooking times for the meats. A couple of weeks ago, I wanted sides while slow cooking a meat. The Dacor oven is great and all, but I love cooking outside, less house heat, great outdoors and just  like the eggsperience overall
    Go for it! Hell, get another large so all your components and other toys are interchangeable.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    I agree with YEMTrey - it's actually cheaper to get another large and share the accessories.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • When I take the plunge it will be another Large!
    ·