Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for Drip Pan for Adjustable Rig R&B Oval Large Egg

scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

I got my Large AR R&B oval from CGS last month and love it. Can"t believe I waited this long. Now I'm looking for a decent drip pan that fits on the oval stone inside the large. Tom recommends getting one with slanted sides on his web site, but I really haven't been able to track one down. I'm looking to cover as much space under the grates as possible and something a little deeper than the standard cookie sheet (hence the slanted sides Tom recommends). I am currently covering the stone with foil, and using the rectangular foil pans from Sam's, but they  are a little small and I usually slit the corners and fold down the tops to lower the height as they are too tall to use for some multi-level cooks.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
·

Comments

• Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    I use an old oven broiler pan. The one I have just fits inside the AR and the hight is about right, a little deeper the than a cookie sheet but not quite as deep as a cake or foil pan. I cover the inside with HDAF for easy clean up.
    ·
  • He (Tom) sells a drip pan that fits great. Think it comes with the Woo package.
    ·
  • I believe Tom has an oval foil ring for this purpose - there currently isn't a direct link on the site for it, but I did a search and here it is:

http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/oval-foil-ring-large/
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    I use a 14" clay flower pot saucer in my LGBE. just line with foil. A 16" might work too, I think it will fit in the A/R on the oval stone.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    check out freds music and bbq, they have a foil pan, comes in packs of 5 that fit under the AR perfectly. Also, i believe they sell some other non disposable. But honestly, i'd rather throw it away than scrub and soak for days.
    ·