Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steak Tonight

AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wanting to give one of the new rubs a try, I stopped at the local market for a rib-eye. They had boneless on sale for $7.99/lb.
Poured a Pale Ale for myself while getting the egg going.  Steak is not that thick, so I will probably just cook it at 600° or so.

I normally just hit my rib-eyes with a bit of sea salt and fresh ground pepper right before grilling, but I gave the Dizzy Raising the Steaks a sample at a shop this weekend, and it's pretty darn good. I never really cared for Montreal seasoning.....and this is nothing like it! It totally blows Montreal seasoning away.
DSCN1157.JPG 141.4K
·

Comments

• ZaltydogZaltydog Posts: 67
    Seeing that beer is making my mouth water... it looks darker then the pale ales that I am accustomed too and it looks very good.

Will you sear it at 600 degrees and then cook at a lower temp?  or just keep going with the 600?
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    @Zaltydog.....I actually just finished the cook. I cooked at about 500° for the whole cook. The steak was only about 1", so no need to sear high and finish low. It's resting now, but looks pretty good.

The Smutty pale is a bit darker than most pales, but it has a fair amount of hops to offset the malts.
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Steak was good.....rub was very good. Not overpowering at all, I will definitely use this again on steaks.

Had some fresh lettuce from the garden with a little olive oil, balsamic, fresh grated parmesan, and salt and pepper.
    DSCN1164.JPG 165.9K
    ·