Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chimney starter "bail"

bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 1,123
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have a chimney starter from some "W" company that does its purpose adequately.  Does anyone know what the heavy wire bail that pivots over the plastic handle is for?  Is it an extra handle to stabilize while dumping coal or a hanger or a prop of some sort?  Just always wondered if there is a use I have missed for years and years.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,669
    Heat dispersion? 

• im going with handle for dumping/spreading

• bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 1,123
    It isn't like the coiled handle on a chipper.  Just a plain steel 3/16" round stock that pivots on the body and rests over the handle.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    I have the same starter....the wire gets in the way IMO
    Oh, never saw that before....mine doesn't have it.  Google searching....google searching.... 

bingo.  For dumping it with ridiculously large gloves...

• bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 1,123
    Thanks NOLA.  I had Googled many of the text entries and no mention was made including on W's sites.  Didn't think to start view all the videos.  I will have to obtain a pair of ridiculously large gloves now that I know they are a requirement.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    Just don't buy the Kingsford to go with the video!! :P