Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

venison its whats for supper!

3under3under Posts: 19
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
cooked a half a backstrap and couple of lava jack stuffed burger, with some grilled taters. The burger is for lunch but the deer was wonderful. Heres a couple of pics.

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,861
    Yum
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • chuffchuff Posts: 255
    Looks great. Too long since I've had any deer meat.
    XL BGE
    I have some cube steak in my freezer that needs to get eaten. 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Man that looks good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Man that looks good.
    Speaking of looking good. Hold onto that tuna loin. I slow smoked one and made some dip. Lime, Ginger, Siracha, celery, relish, mayo ect. It was the total bomb. I'm going to do another one this weekend with pics for a post. 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,355
    Bambi just called...she's wondering where her mother is

Seriously, I do love venison

• 3under3under Posts: 19
    turned out great.  I marinated it all day while at work in daddy hinkles garlic and onion. Cooked it  @ 550 3 minutes per side then another 4 min @ 400 per side. Travis not sure on cubes but from what I've read they will be good.

turned out great.  I marinated it all day while at work in daddy hinkles garlic and onion. Cooked it  @ 550 3 minutes per side then another 4 min @ 400 per side. Travis not sure on cubes but from what I've read they will be good.

I usually flour and fry or grill at high temp to med rare for cube steak. Its one of my favs. 
  • 3under3under Posts: 19
    she knows where shes at their huddling together for warmth in the freezer. just kidding

she knows where shes at their huddling together for warmth in the freezer. just kidding
    ..and I thought I was a sick muthaflippah....
    :-O

• AustinL911AustinL911 Posts: 13

3under said:

..and I thought I was a sick muthaflippah....
    :-O
    The spots give me something to aim at. I love the little tender guys.
  • LilpossumLilpossum Posts: 12
    have you ever brined the venison? I have alot of hunter friends that can't cook their kill. I have found the brine helps and espresso type rub? food looks great though