Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Had no brauts so.......

BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had three humble little Italian sausages reaching the "use it or lose it".  Did them up direct 400 dome and set aside.  One stick of butter and one large sweet onion in the dutch oven (open) til carmalized.  Threw in the sausages plus two bottles of my beloved Eye of the Hawk (that hurt)  and tossed on one chunk of hickory to finish.  The wife made "happy sounds" when she ate them on toasted sandwich buns.  Best part was it took awhile so I could consume a libation or two (or three) during the process.
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• Had three humble little Italian sausages reaching the "use it or lose it".  Did them up direct 400 dome and set aside.  One stick of butter and one large sweet onion in the dutch oven (open) til carmalized.  Threw in the sausages plus two bottles of my beloved Eye of the Hawk (that hurt)  and tossed on one chunk of hickory to finish.  The wife made "happy sounds" when she ate them on toasted sandwich buns.  Best part was it took awhile so I could consume a libation or two (or three) during the process.

big fan of the happy wife sounds. sure beats the hell out of the alternative ;)
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,971
    Brats are gross anyway.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060
    Good for you.  Italian is best anyway.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Had three humble little Italian sausages reaching the "use it or lose it".  Did them up direct 400 dome and set aside.  One stick of butter and one large sweet onion in the dutch oven (open) til carmalized.  Threw in the sausages plus two bottles of my beloved Eye of the Hawk (that hurt)  and tossed on one chunk of hickory to finish.  The wife made "happy sounds" when she ate them on toasted sandwich buns.  Best part was it took awhile so I could consume a libation or two (or three) during the process.

Oh my, @ Cen-tex who isn't ! ;;)
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,056

A happy wife = a happy life.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894

A happy wife = a happy life.

Amen, brother Amen!