Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Almost finished with the new table to house the XLBGE

mcmacmcmac Posts: 493
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I'm hoping the pictures post okay, but thought I would share the progress of our new table. We will be loading the egg in this evening when I have some more horsepower to lift and set the beast!
Table is made out of a mix of clear and tight knot cedar. 

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR

Comments

• tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 205
    Table looks great. I hope to get started on mine this weekend.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,394
    Looks awesome. The table was high priorities but hasn't been accomplished yet

XLBGE 
  • mcmacmcmac Posts: 493
    It was a fun build, but it does take time! I will be glad to get the egg loaded up tonight. Still cooking on the ground.

Tactical 66 good luck with your table.

Hillsboro OR
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,530
    Nice!  Why the plywood spacers between the 2x4s and the 4x4s where you used pocket screws?

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,656
    Nice work!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 604
    nice looking table!
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Nice work, I had to use another set of wheels in the middle for mine making it a 6 wheeler :)
    But I think I used thinner cedar pieces

Nice!  Why the plywood spacers between the 2x4s and the 4x4s where you used pocket screws?
    Actually my friend... that was a screw up on my part! I cut the 2X4's about an inch and a half too short. Nice catch on your part. As usual, the build was not perfect as planned but the finished product turned out like I hoped.

Hillsboro OR
    Nice work, I had to use another set of wheels in the middle for mine making it a 6 wheeler :)
    But I think I used thinner cedar pieces

Misu... a six wheeler... now theres big table! Gotta take that egg 6 wheeling'.

Hillsboro OR
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,530
    Actually my friend... that was a screw up on my part! I cut the 2X4's about an inch and a half too short. Nice catch on your part. As usual, the build was not perfect as planned but the finished product turned out like I hoped.
    Been there, done that...you can't see in the final product, so it's all good!

Here is the finished product. The Egg is finally in its nest! One of the Traegers is in the background. 2 Briskets cooking in the Traeger and one in the Egg.

Hillsboro OR