Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meat grinder

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thinking about grinding my own meat. I have a kitchen aid mixer. Is their grinder attachment worth it or should I just buy a grinder?
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    funny you should ask my wife has the kitchenaid and yesterday we ground up chuck roast for burgers for the very first time ever using the grinder attachment . we set the motor on 4 cut the roast up and it worked great the motor never once bogged down . after grinding the first time we mixed spices in and reground it burgers were awesome 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,022
    Kitchen aid is good.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Agree with bigphil - Kitchenaid grinder attachment works great.  Used it to grind and stuff kielbasi a few months ago.  
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Lots of people use the KA grinder. I almost bought one as well. After a fair amount of research, I decided to go with a stand alone grinder that has metal gears, and a standard #12 plate size.  The KA grinder does not use a standard size plate, so you are limited to whatever plates they offer. I wanted a really coarse grind to use with chili and other dishes, and was able to buy plates with 1/2" and 3/4" holes.

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    Use the KA, just quick freeze the meat to make it easier, 10-15 min in the freezer then grind.
    Seattle, WA
    ·