Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Meat grinder

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thinking about grinding my own meat. I have a kitchen aid mixer. Is their grinder attachment worth it or should I just buy a grinder?
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    funny you should ask my wife has the kitchenaid and yesterday we ground up chuck roast for burgers for the very first time ever using the grinder attachment . we set the motor on 4 cut the roast up and it worked great the motor never once bogged down . after grinding the first time we mixed spices in and reground it burgers were awesome 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,274
    Kitchen aid is good.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,353
    Agree with bigphil - Kitchenaid grinder attachment works great.  Used it to grind and stuff kielbasi a few months ago.  
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Lots of people use the KA grinder. I almost bought one as well. After a fair amount of research, I decided to go with a stand alone grinder that has metal gears, and a standard #12 plate size.  The KA grinder does not use a standard size plate, so you are limited to whatever plates they offer. I wanted a really coarse grind to use with chili and other dishes, and was able to buy plates with 1/2" and 3/4" holes.

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,103
    Use the KA, just quick freeze the meat to make it easier, 10-15 min in the freezer then grind.
    Seattle, WA
    ·