Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beercan Chicken

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
cooking beercan chicken for the first time (have done spatchcock a few times, want to change it up).  what is the cook temp and estimated time for most beercan cooks? 

any other pointers/advice to make it come out just right?  just going to put oil on, beercan in, and dry rub. 
·

Comments

• 300deg direct or indrect for less flare up from dripings. let the bird sit in fridge uncoverd for a few hr. olive oil & your favorite rub. drink half the beer an stuff beer can with fresh herbs an garlic. Also cut a potato or sausage in-half an shove in the top of chicken. Everyone fights over the sausage.

I get the 2 pack whole chickens from SAMs club. They are 4-6lbers. Takes 1 1-1/2 hour to cook. Been using apple or cherry wood. Just a few small chunks. I cook both birds....one for dinner an the other for chicken salad for lunches the next few days.

I have cooked whole chickens both ways & with same results. But the beer can just looks cooler..!

·