Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Beercan Chicken

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
cooking beercan chicken for the first time (have done spatchcock a few times, want to change it up).  what is the cook temp and estimated time for most beercan cooks? 

any other pointers/advice to make it come out just right?  just going to put oil on, beercan in, and dry rub. 

Comments

• 300deg direct or indrect for less flare up from dripings. let the bird sit in fridge uncoverd for a few hr. olive oil & your favorite rub. drink half the beer an stuff beer can with fresh herbs an garlic. Also cut a potato or sausage in-half an shove in the top of chicken. Everyone fights over the sausage.

I get the 2 pack whole chickens from SAMs club. They are 4-6lbers. Takes 1 1-1/2 hour to cook. Been using apple or cherry wood. Just a few small chunks. I cook both birds....one for dinner an the other for chicken salad for lunches the next few days.

I have cooked whole chickens both ways & with same results. But the beer can just looks cooler..!