Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reduced Cooking Time w/ 4 Pork Shoulders on the CGS AR?

Options
YukonBill
YukonBill Posts: 23
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have experience with reduced cooking times when they have lots of meat on their BGE?  Just took four bone in pork shoulders (approx,30 lbs) off my LBGE this morning, but after 13 hrs of cooking compared to my normal 20 hrs (or so).  My temps were running slightly higher than normal but not extreme.  I think I've read on this forum that having all that extra thermal mass inside the egg can speed along cooking times, but I was wondering if most folks noticed a change of a couple of hours or 6-7hrs.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Related: I will second that working with and ordering from the CGS was phenomenal and I would highly recommend them without any reservations.  The only reason I was able to get 4 shoulders on my LBGE was because of the adjustable rig customer combo.  This was my first big cook using it and it worked perfect!!!