Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A-MAZE-N tube smoker

Options
Squeezy
Squeezy Posts: 1,102
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Has anyone here ever used this product and if so, what did you think of it?

A friend of mine would like to know ... thanks!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.

Comments

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options
    I have read some good comments on the BBQ Brethern forum. You may want to look over there?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Havent heard a bad thing qbout it or similar cold smoke generators. Only issue/downside i would foresee is sourcing sawdust.

Sure, you can get it from them, but you're buying frikkin sawdust in the end.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good point ... not hard to make sawdust though.
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    theres a demo of the tube using pellets in it 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    not hard to make sawdust, but if you want cherry, you are going to have to stand there at the saw collecting it and running the wood thru it a hundred times before you have enough.  at that point it's a bit of an investment of time.

if someone had a shop and just finished making a hardwood project, might be a lot easier to just scoop it from the pile.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante