Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New (Taller) XL Platesetter

thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,063
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Fellow XL Owners,
I recently cracked an older and shorter version of the Platesetter and had to buy a new taller one.  I've had the problem several times of having my SS 24" grid get stuck in the upper dome of the XL.  Is there anything I can do to not make this happen?  Is anyone out there dealing with the same thing?  Will a Woo prevent this?  If I use a swing rack with this taller platesetter could I expect a different outcome?

Thanks for your help.
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
Tampa Bay, FL
·

Comments

• Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Gentle sanding of the legs? (at your own risk, let me throw that in there :)) )
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·