Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Somethings fishy

BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
edited July 2012 in Seafood
It was my egg. Wanted to switch it up a little so I baked some cod. I tried to do an extra high direct cook, it was about three inches over my felt line. I wanted to see if I could get a better crust on the top but if there was, it wasn't very noticeable.

imageimageimage

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,151
    Nice looking meal.  When I want a crust I either use panko break crumbs or  French"s Fried Onions, like onions and green beans at Thanksgiving.  Crunch them in a ziploc and place on top sometimes with a little mayo as a binder.  375-400F, just long enough to get the fish flaky.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Thanks Chris, I may have to try that in the future. But the good news is it was plenty tasty and had near (lacking crust) perfect texture.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Cool tip Richard, thank you.