Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Removing the bands on a large - how to clamp the hinge?

Elde
Elde Posts: 148
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Starting my gasket replacement...  and I need suggestions on how to clamp the hinge.  I *know* I kept the fixtures that came with the Egg (along with the feet), but my garage has been converted into a woodworking shop, and the shop remodeled in the interim.  Who knows where the #@$% things are now, as I can't find them.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    it takes less than thirty seconds to pop the springs off. no need to clamp it. hold dome open to loosen spring tension and use pliers or screwdriver and pry.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    I got some  plastic wire ties at Radio Shack and used them to hold everything together.  Removing the springs as Fishlessman said is supposedly very easy, but I didn't think of that when I did it.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Never mind - of course after asking in desperation, I go back out to the workshop to look for something else... and found them.

:\">