Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sam's Brisket

MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,592
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So it's about time I try a ole brisket. Was at Sam's today and saw they had Briskets not frozen but fresh if you call it that. Since SAMs is Walmart on steroids I was scared to buy it. Is this a quality brisket? I've got only Walmart SAMs Kroger in my area or a real deal butcher shop but I'm not ready to break the bank on my first brisket.

XLBGE 

Comments

• they are usually good. Just make sure they are choice. Sometimes they slip in the select and I would pass on that. I buy them there all the time
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    I buy prime briskets at SAMS and the quality is great.  I've also bought their choice and haven't seen any problems.  
    Just want to add, the unfrozen salmon from Sams club is the best we've ever cooked.

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,592
    FxLynch said:

Just want to add, the unfrozen salmon from Sams club is the best we've ever cooked.

I noticed today the salmon looked amazing! First time to dive into the meats at Sams.

XLBGE 
    The kind we buy here is already skinned.  I just flip it over and cut out the dark meat with a "V" cut, then slice it into sizes that fit my planks.  Rub with Honey, then DP Raging River and they are spectacular.  I've cooked salmon from other places (usually frozen) and this is a very good cut from Sams.