Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef brisket

MarilynbMarilynb Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Beef
I am having trouble when I Smoked a brisket it was really dry, I smoked it at 200degrees for six hours to long?? What's the best way to get the BGE started, it usually takes me 45 min to get it going

Comments

• xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    leaving out a lot of info. How are you measuring your temperature of the grill. How big was the cut of meat? was it a whole packer brisket or just a flat? 45 minutes is just about right to hit smoking temps. I use an electric starter for low and slow cooks
  • MarilynbMarilynb Posts: 1
    It was a flat, and I just used the gage on the. EGG
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 10,358
    You may want to try the search function here or google with BGE in the title as there are many recent posts about brisket.  Lots of worthwhile info-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    Do it the VERY EASY way. Have the butcher grind it into hamburger meat and make burgers. Doing it tonight. Best burgers ever is out of  brisket. Also much quicker cook :-O
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• ShiffShiff Posts: 1,556
    The Travis method has been very popular lately for flats.  See
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138233/brisket-how-i-do-it/p1
    for more info.

Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA