Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Potatoes/Steak

eggteetheggteeth Posts: 52
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
New Egger here from Minnesota.  Last night I made some potatoes that were really quick, easy and fairly tasty.  I cut them up into quarter/half dollar sizw chunks, put them in a zip-lock bag with 1/4 cup of olive oil and a good amount of Dizzy Dust.  After shaking them up and putting them in a foil pan, I determined that they need more dust and really doused them.  Put them in (place setter legs down and the pan resting on a rib rack) for an hour at about 390 with 4-5 mesquite chunks in my lump. Pretty good potatoes.   After that I opened it up and attempted my first steak searing.  

The Green Egg is an amazing contraption

Comments

• dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Sounds good.  Snap a couple of pictures on the next run and post 'em up for inspiration.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)