Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grill Grates - really are GREAT!

MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

My Groupon buy arrived this week and I was able to try them out in my Large today.  All 3 won't fit and I'm not going to cut the corners so I used two and the fit was good.

My Wife and I had prepped 26 Vietnamese beef/lamb rolls wrapped in grape leafs.  Once the coals were going good I placed the GG's on the rack to heat up good for 10 mins then laid the skewered rolls atop them.

The difference these things make in the finished product is absolutely amazing.   Sear marks like on the cover of a cookbook.  The juices & fat flow down to those flats and the char-flavors achieved are far better than what I've achieved without the GG's.  With all the commotion of steam and smoke coming up off the flats cooking time seems to be shorter as well.  Cleanup between the rails was an easy wipe with a paper towel. 

Grill Grates are a great invention and I hope the mfr achieves all the success in the world with them.  Whether on my Eggs or my Weber Performer I know I'll use them whenever the cook method allows.

Comments