Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza ala Pappa Murphy's

Options
LizzieSamps
LizzieSamps Posts: 894
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Alright, trying pizza for the first time! Got the egg kit, plate sitter legs down on thr fire ring, egg feet on thr PS and the pizza stone on that. Shooting for 450-500

Comments

• Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Options
    I would do legs up and put stone on your grid, less likely to cook your gasket
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Alright, trying pizza for the first time! Got the egg kit, plate sitter legs down on thr fire ring, egg feet on thr PS and the pizza stone on that. Shooting for 450-500
      Gotta go legs up, so you get the air under the stone.  Shoot for 550-600.
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    Options
    I would do legs up and put stone on your grid, less likely to cook your gasket
    Bingo
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    I see you are making a foray into pizza, saw you that you were skeptical on another thread. I haven't tried the Papa Murphy's pizza yet, but seems like a easy way to get started. Before you know it you will be making your own. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area they have dough balls when you are ready to take it to the next level. We buy our dough as we haven't been ready to go all in and make our own dough yet. Hope it turns out great.
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    I thought legs up too, but second guessed myself after looking at some other photos in posts and they had legs down. Too funny, just need to trust my instincts! It was good, crust was crunchy but not self supporting like I have seen on here before! I'll post pics in just a second.
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Oh and I do have a Trader Joes, thanks for the tip! I love home made pizza dough but it is work and I have to be thinking ahead.

Here is our pizza , hubby took the pic.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Looking great Lizzie!

And the pizza aint half bad either :)
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    Awesome pizza. I may have to give that Papa Murphy's a try as we have one down the road. It would be a lot easier when you don't feel like making your own.
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Thanks! I saw someone post earlier in the day, and thought hey I can experiment with that.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I am hooked on the Papa Murphys pizzas on the egg. Fairly cheap and sometimes I throw on extra toppings.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Bump
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lizzie Samps! I miss her. She was a riot. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    So many cool members in these old threads.  Lots of hilarious people and wicked talented people too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    You've got that right.  Talk about jumping into the deep end, she was great.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.