Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    Live in NC here and wouldn't trade it for anything. It was hot mowing the grass yesterday. I checked the temp and it was only 86 but it felt like 100. That humidity can get you. Drank some water and pushed on through. When you've lived here your whole life you are accustomed to it. I am the opposite. The wife is from Ohio and her family is still up there. I hate going up there in the winter. I can take the heat much better than the extreme cold. It is all in what you are used to.
  • turokturok Posts: 28
    I was born and raised in charleston sc. 32 years of heat and humidity. Loved every minute. Only left for a good job in rochester ny, which is a gorgeous area. Summers are killer awesome. I can go outdoors without having my clothes cling to me like I walked through a hurricane. The liberal over-taxing mindset is obnoxious though.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,222

ALOHA

Need I say more?

Nope!
    Louisville
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,222
    I was born and raised in charleston sc. 32 years of heat and humidity. Loved every minute. Only left for a good job in rochester ny, which is a gorgeous area. Summers are killer awesome. I can go outdoors without having my clothes cling to me like I walked through a hurricane. The liberal over-taxing mindset is obnoxious though.
    And lake effect snow
    :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Let's talk about eggs not politics. That is one of the things that I find refreshing about this blog in that people from all over the country with all different political beliefs can come together and find common ground over grilling. The biggest arguments here should be to foil or not to foil, inject or not, etc. In a time when our great country is becoming more and more divided it is a pleasure that places like this exist. Let's keep it that way. If you want to spew politics, there are many forums on the web for that. Not this one.
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 212
    Born and raised in Georgia where its hot, humid and full of mosquito's.  Could be worse.  I've been deployed to places around the world that were hotter, more humid, bugs and other pests were worse.  It's all good.   I've got a great wife, my eggs, plenty of grocery stores a great supply of lump, and no ones shooting at me any more.  What else could I ask for ?   :)
    Thank you Outcast for protecting our freedom. I think you have the right idea- gratitude is what it is about (or patience, the journey, bourbon- depending on who on this board is writing)
    Charleston, SC
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Never heard of depression cause by nice hot and humid weather :)
  • Never heard of depression cause by nice hot and humid weather :)
    And people aren't flooding to the midwest to retire!

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    edited July 2012
    isn't it amazing how everyone is pretty much where they would like to be?  funny how that works.

now if they would quit trying to tell us how crappy it is where everyone else is, we'll be better off.

:))

OP is chastising people for living where it is humid and hot.  somehow forgetting he's only there because the place where he prefers to live was involved in an inferno of raging tornadic fire and smoke, and that he had to flee or face certain immolation.  but yeah, your humidity is off-putting.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    There's no place like HOME.  Being outside the country just makes me appreciate the good ole USA every time I got back to it.  Being a Southern boy I do like the warmer climates better.  That snow stuff is nice to see once every few years, but it gets old after a day or two.  Fortunately down here, thats about as long as it lasts :).
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    and just as snow gets old for you, so does heat and humidity for us.

first exposure to the heat and humidity was the 1996 Olympics.  we stayed with some folks, and the older guy would tell us he could never live back 'there' again. the cold and all, and having to start your car in the morning to let it warm up before you could go anywhere.

then he'd promptly run out, start the car and turn on the A/C, and run back in the house waiting for the car to cool down.

>shrug<

i like heat, but i don't mind snow either.  i think it's fine to think that where you live is the best place on earth.  but i don't think you need to let everyone know.  (i'm talking to you, texas!)
    hahahaha

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    Touche.  We do love our AC.
  • I hear you. I've lived all over and actually loved my time in the Midwest. Just bustin on peeps. Believe me, it gets oppressive here in the summer and makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing here. I do prefer the heat over the cold but would love to live somewhere that neither were the overriding factor in quality of life!

Like we say when we are recruiting people from cold climates to work for us: "sure it's hot, but you don't have to shovel sunshine" :).

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,669
    Yeah it just wasnt a fun experience for me.  Im originally from the sunny state of Washington State..on the coast.  Rain 300 days a year.  I came out to Colorado for College, loved it..met my wife and settled down here.  There are also 4 seasons to Colorado:
    Almost Winter
    Winter
    Still Winter
    Road Construction

Im kindof in Aww that people took offense to my post..that obviously wasnt my intent.  I had alot of fun..minus getting sun burnt to a crisp while in the ocean and getting attacked by fire ants.  It feels good to be home though, got the best sleep in my life yesterday.

Also because we were evacuated we didnt get to bring any eggs.  So this week we are Eggin' Everyday. Tonight Steak, Tomorrow(going to friends house) making pork shots and ABT's. Tuesday Chicken and Quinoa, Wednesday Chicken Stir Fry on Wok, Thursday, Salad with grilled chicken, Friday Honey Baked Chicken cooked via egg.

IT shall be a fantastic week.
  • Yeah it just wasnt a fun experience for me.  Im originally from the sunny state of Washington State..on the coast.  Rain 300 days a year.  I came out to Colorado for College, loved it..met my wife and settled down here.  There are also 4 seasons to Colorado:
    Almost Winter
    Winter
    Still Winter
    Road Construction

Im kindof in Aww that people took offense to my post..that obviously wasnt my intent.  I had alot of fun..minus getting sun burnt to a crisp while in the ocean and getting attacked by fire ants.  It feels good to be home though, got the best sleep in my life yesterday.

Also because we were evacuated we didnt get to bring any eggs.  So this week we are Eggin' Everyday. Tonight Steak, Tomorrow(going to friends house) making pork shots and ABT's. Tuesday Chicken and Quinoa, Wednesday Chicken Stir Fry on Wok, Thursday, Salad with grilled chicken, Friday Honey Baked Chicken cooked via egg.

IT shall be a fantastic week.
    I don't think anyone was offended. I certainly wasn't. We're just having fun. Hell, I just broke out in a full sweat walking from my garage to treat a fire ant pile in my backyard (not kidding) so I really don't have a leg to stand on.

Off to the pool

PS- Glad you are home and that everything worked out for you

No offense here either. I think it just proves my premise that everyone likes what they are accustomed to. I have no clue how you deal with the winter just as you have no clue how we deal with the heat. We all have to live somewhere. That is my favorite thing about this forum. Gaining understanding and appreciation for how others do things in different parts of the world. Glad to see you made it home and that your home survived the fire. Happy Egging.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,607

ALOHA

Need I say more?

I had a buddy stationed at Trippler for few years. I went to visit him in Jan '09 for about two weeks. I LOVE that state. It's not perfect (not much deer hunting or catfishing) but I would move there in a heartbeat if everything worked out. Some of the best food and my kind of weather.
    Boom
    isn't it amazing how everyone is pretty much where they would like to be?  funny how that works.

now if they would quit trying to tell us how crappy it is where everyone else is, we'll be better off.

:))

OP is chastising people for living where it is humid and hot.  somehow forgetting he's only there because the place where he prefers to live was involved in an inferno of raging tornadic fire and smoke, and that he had to flee or face certain immolation.  but yeah, your humidity is off-putting.

This is just one example of why you're one of my fav members of this site ha

Boom
    To turok,

I love Charleston.
    Savanah is my fav "southern" city but chuck town is right there. I lived there a year in high school, went to N charleston (go cougars) and my sis in law went to CofC and decided to stay and live there after college. One of my fav places to visit in all of southeast America.
    The company I work for has a building there. I've thought of transferring many times.
    Boom
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,669

Ok not to re-hash a super old posting here..but i was reminded of this post and decided to do an update.

Florida..really is not that bad.  I have actually enjoyed walking outside and always having pretty consistent temperatures.  The beach is two hours away, disney is 4 hours away same for Atlanta.  If there's one thing i cant stand its the low economic black families.  Im not racist and I def. am not opposed to black people, my wife is from Kenya afterall(though she's white..so i dunno) But 1. I cant understand the cajun/blackaneze language. 2. there's this inherint "were still slaves" mentality.  Grow up already.

But besides that its been an absolute blast.  It sucks being so close to a large Universtiy because everyone thinks im related to FSU somehow and if im not im obviously a Gator fan..which is also not true.
    We found a pretty cool bunch of people at church and they keep us up.  I have provided many a egg delicacies and have TONS of people hooked on egg food.  The only thing that is lacking is 1. Good BBQ restaurants, 2. BBQ stores.  I have the big stores(Lowes, Target, BB and Beyond, and Home Depot..) but nothing that is JUST BBQ like i had in Colorado.

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 1,768
    edited June 2013
    .... Some things are better left unsaid. Imo
    Seattle, WA
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,954

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 

...just trying to change the subject...QUICKLY!!!

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,222
    Are you insinuating this is a cooking forum?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,032
    SkinnyV said:
    .... Some things are better left unsaid. Imo
    unless we are talking about canadians

:D

but then there was that incident in ny last week.......
    :)) :D