Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still cooking once in a while....

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
stuffedTloin.jpg
<p />Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on the angle) I have not had very much time to hang on the forum like I used to. I miss getting in on the action, and it has been tough to deal with. Cooking is always therapy though. [p]Yesterday I got this idear, and took my new long skinny forschner filet knife and stabbed the end of a pork tenderloin and slid it down the center straight to within an inch of the other end. Then I sauteed aome onions and garlic in olive oil, threw in a can of mushrooms (no fresh this time), cooked it down and added a few handfuls of baby spinach and wilted it. I squeezed out most of the liquid and cut it up. Anyways, I found it easy peasy to shove the goop into the hole, and with a chopstick (and my finger) I packed it in. (Quiet Stump!) Shook some rub on and grilled it up.[p]I was suprised how well it worked.....even with no egg or breadcrumbs the filling held together great. The flash picture does not do it justice, but it looked better than I imagined. Tasted purty good too, but think the filling could have used a dash of lemon juice (or maybe ginger). [p]I have been reading the forum when I can, and it is great to see the pictures and enthusiasm from everyone. Happy cookin to yall.
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]You still have "the touch" brotha!! See ya tomorrow!![p]Smokey
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Smokey,
    Kind words, my man. Look forward to shakin' yo hand once again.[p]Hey, just thought of this. How about a vietnamese style stuffing for the tenderloin. Like shrimp, rice vermicelli, chinese black mushrooms, oyster sauce, scallions and ginger???[p]Hmmm. Been wonderin what to cook Saturday.
    Travel safe, dewd,
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Hey dude how you been. Thats a good looking piece of pork you've got there. I'm going to try that soon. It would probably work good with beef tenderloin also, you think? Well,see ya later. Getting ready to take off for a 4 day Harley ride aroung beautiful Arizona (at least this time of year)_ See-Yaa

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Yo mang. Been good, just working too much. Sounds like life is good out in Lake Havasu City.[p]A beef tenderloin would be nice. Lobster, mushrooms, garlic and butter! Or maybe crabmeat.[p]Have a great ride. Sounds like a blast.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Sounds like you are hopping pretty well. Summers are a bear, especially with kids. Baseball season has started up here, both kids, son and daughter, playing, I'm coaching my sons team to boot. Between practices and games for both of them seems as though we live at the ball park in the evenings. Not much time to do any cooking at all and if we do, its a quick brat or burger on the grill to get something either before or after the games or practices. Add to that the fact that work takes a ton of time, and "community stuff" like Rotary etc. and now the King City showdown is only a month away.[p]I could go on and on, BUT I DONT HAVE THE TIME, HAH. I'm with ya' brotha' and appreciate the lack of free time. But, if you enjoy the time you are spending thats what really counts. I know I'll look back and wonder where the time went with the kids and the memories we're creating now will be with us when we DO have the time to sit back and relax a bit. Pretty sappy and philosophical but seems to make sense to me now. Wouldnt change a thing, other than to add a few hours into the day.[p]Take care Chris, see ya' along the cooking trail somewhere. Smokin' T's next stop is Carmel, IN May 20th, guess we'll see the Northern contingent of Dizzy Pig there, and a bunch of other eggers as well, Smoked Signals, Old Dave, and some from the BBQ forum. Going to be a fun cook, we'll see what the Smokin' T's can cook up, hopefully a call or two is in the books for us.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Hey Troy
    Yeah things are moving in a positive direction anyhow. Gettin kinda scary actually. Your family life sounds similar. How do we do it??[p]Anyway, gotta run as usual, but best of luck to the T's in Carmel!! You folks will have a blast. Next year I'll do my best to join the Canadians out there with yall...either their or, even better, at your contest in Mt Vernon.[p]Cheers ma fraind
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com