Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

So I broke down and bought the XL Pizza Stone.. thinking about returning it

XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

it is just too damn massive LOL

so much real estate on this thing.  might go a size smaller!

it has to weigh as much if not more than one of my 2yo twins!

• EllisEllis Posts: 194
    If you two twins your going to need the XL stone and more real estate. Just hope they don't make friends LOL

• ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,800
    I have an XL egg and went with the Large pizza stone.  The large size is plenty big for me.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    I love mine I do 2 pizzas at once.
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Go big or go home!!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,030
    I love mine. When we are in a time crunch we buy the big pies from Costco. They fit perfectly on the XL. I think I've read that the large stone is too small for this.

As a deck builder, I always tell my customers who are on the fence about size. You'll never regret going bigger, but on rare occasions when it is full you'll always wish you had more space.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • What does an official BGE XL pizza stone go for?  I have the 17.5 inch stone from  for my XL and am very happy with it.
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,030
    Bought my XL stone for around $80. Expensive, but huge and thick.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • zealotzealot Posts: 2
    I love mine I do 2 pizzas at once.
    Us too!