Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Any advice on cooking a whole pig head?

gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,259
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all,

Anyone cook a whole hog head, or a head as part of a whole hog? Or go to a whole hog roast?

I found a place that sells whole heads. I thought it looked like the head had the eyes removed. I ordered one. The eyes are still in it. I'm finding different instructions. Some say remove the eyes (and the brain,) Other say just roast the whole thing. The folks at the shop asked me what I intended to do w. the head, and I said "Just stick it on my BGE." They responded "That'll work just fine. Nose up, give it about 8 hours."

But I don't know if it is one of those things that is just understood by most. "Well, of course you remove the eye..." Or, is it just a matter of style?

And pointers much appreciated.

Comments