Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whole Rabbit Grilled

Eric_HessEric_Hess Posts: 7
edited July 2012 in Cookbook
My first post, yay!
I made this rabbit in a white wine and mustard slather. Cooked it at 300º for about 1.5 hours over lump charcoal and grape vines. I used the plate setter with the feet up and placed the rabbit on the grates. Maybe the best rabbit I have ever put in my mouth!
·

Comments

• MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Can you give a bit more detail on the seasonings used.  I like rabbit alot and my butcher usually has whole rabbits.  I would be interested in roasting a whole one.
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    What internal temp did you pull at? I may cook one next week
    Boom
    ·
  • Eric_HessEric_Hess Posts: 7
    edited July 2012

French mustard wine recipe was:

Dijon mustard

White wine

Olive oil

Salt pepper

Shallots

Garlic

I did not measure anything; I just mixed until it tasted
    good. Then I coated the rabbit in the sauce, wrapped it in saran wrap while I
    got the Egg going.  Once the Egg was good
    to go I reapplied the remaining sauce and tossed it on the grill.

I cooked it to 160º internal temp but probably should have
    pulled it off at 150-155º

·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    edited July 2012
    Did you buy or kill? Approx what was the precook weight?
    Boom
    ·
  • Eric_HessEric_Hess Posts: 7
    I bought it and it was about 2 lbs. Another thing I forgot to mention was that I made a simple poultry brine and soaked it over night. I promise my next post will have a more structured format to present these details without being prodded. rookie mistake.
    ·