Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Whole Rabbit Grilled

Eric_HessEric_Hess Posts: 7
edited July 2012 in Cookbook
My first post, yay!
I made this rabbit in a white wine and mustard slather. Cooked it at 300º for about 1.5 hours over lump charcoal and grape vines. I used the plate setter with the feet up and placed the rabbit on the grates. Maybe the best rabbit I have ever put in my mouth!

• MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Can you give a bit more detail on the seasonings used.  I like rabbit alot and my butcher usually has whole rabbits.  I would be interested in roasting a whole one.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,880
    What internal temp did you pull at? I may cook one next week
  • Eric_HessEric_Hess Posts: 7
    edited July 2012

French mustard wine recipe was:

Dijon mustard

White wine

Olive oil

Salt pepper

I did not measure anything; I just mixed until it tasted
    good. Then I coated the rabbit in the sauce, wrapped it in saran wrap while I
    got the Egg going.  Once the Egg was good
    to go I reapplied the remaining sauce and tossed it on the grill.

I cooked it to 160º internal temp but probably should have
    pulled it off at 150-155º

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,880
    edited July 2012
    Did you buy or kill? Approx what was the precook weight?
  • Eric_HessEric_Hess Posts: 7
    I bought it and it was about 2 lbs. Another thing I forgot to mention was that I made a simple poultry brine and soaked it over night. I promise my next post will have a more structured format to present these details without being prodded. rookie mistake.