I'm smoking salmon this weekend for the first time. My plan is to (1) use a cedar plank, (2) cover in olive oil and Raging River, (3) cook at 400 direct for 15 min or so (or until the white fat starts to come up).
My questions are:
1) raised grid or lower placement
2) do I monitor temp of the fish or just watch for the white fat to come up
3) any other suggestions on marinade or seasoning
4) anything to look for when getting the fish from the store
5) when cooking do I need to flip the fish half way through
Any other suggestions are appreciated!