Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wild Boar Ribs ??

demo
demo Posts: 163
edited July 2012 in Pork
I have been given a 10 rib rack of wild boar ribs.  Any ideas on how to cook these??

Comments

• Mattlock
    Mattlock Posts: 64
    I would think you'd cook them low and slow, similar to spare ribs.  Visibly, what do they look like? 
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
  • If it is truely a wild boar hog in that it is from a true boar the meat is going to be strong tasting and a bit tough.  You will want to season them quite well and cook longer and slower than you normally would and then if you are lucky they will be edible.  Now if it is not a true boar, ie a boar that was captured, cut, and released back in the wild or it is actually a big sow and not a boar....cook them babies just like spareribs.  You may find they don't have a tremendous amount of meat on them but they should have a good and uniquely wild taste.
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    They are very meaty looking with a good 4-5 inches of bare bone sticking out.  They were given to me frozen in a professional looking package.  I suspect they are from a farm raised animal.  Very, very little visible fat.